Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thanks!

A correction - In my last post I said the taxi driver told me I looked Mexican. After yesterday's class I realized that I heard him wrong. What he said was that I, because of my hair, looked like I was from 美术馆 (Pinyin: mei3 shu4 guan3, Pronunciation: may shoe gwan). 美术馆 means art gallery. It was a compliment. I'm so ignorant.

I don't know how much longer I'll keep up blogging. I don't know how long I can keep YOUR interest in this trip to China. But I just want to thank all of you that took the time to read and/or comment. It was much appreciated especially when I was all alone. In a way, I was using YOU. Anyways, thanks again for caring. If only a little.

Bye bye.

15 comments:

Alan said...

Agreed about the whole alone bit. I've been blogging pretty regularly, and with not much of a social life here (yet), it's an outlet.
Comments are the currency that makes blogging worthwhile, and I must admit I'm guilty of reading and not responding.
Love the blog, glad all is going well, and I hope to keep updating as I acclimate. Don't stop.

Disney said...

That is very kind. Your blog has been an interesting read. You'll have to say why you have started back with the 肉。

Karaku said...

I enjoy reading your blog as well! Keep updating! 不要放弃!

Disney said...

好的。:-)

Frank said...

I know how hard it is to keep coming up with fresh material, but I do enjoy reading about what is going on with you. Thanks for sharing.

Sally Chen said...

Ms. 卫, 不要放弃 pleeeez...did i mention that your chinese name sounds like it could've been a character in one of 琼瑶's novels?

><
-sally
p.s. as ppl around you about 琼瑶 and they will agree with me...especially the person who gave you that name--he/she was probably inspired by 琼瑶's novels :)

fuudforthought said...

Art gallery! That's all sorts of awesome.

Disney said...

Sally, I'm so going to google Chiung Yao now. I'll definitely ask around...

-the kids said...

Disney - we love reading your blog! and just so everyone knows coffee, email and reading all you guys is my morning routine.. reading helps keeps Joel & I motivated to "step over" even when there are times we wonder, if we are sane in doing so. : D

Things that you may think are boring, really aren't to your readers. : )

Love, Kel

mandachino said...

Hey, please don't give up writing! You are right about the comments Alan! It makes blogging worthwhile. Our/your friends want to hear what life is like here and even the most mundane things are fascinating for them. Don't let a little writer's block keep you down. We need to hear from you!
mandachino

Suzanne Allain said...

Don't leave us! I won't have anything to talk about.

My sister Vicky reads your blog and says all the time how ni de blog bi wo de blog hen you yisi.

I know you've graduated from Pinyin to characters and that what I just wrote was pathetic Chinese, but that should just go to show you how far you've come.

If you stop blogging then you're going to have to e-mail or call each of us, which will take much more of your time.

Anonymous said...

Are you seriously telling me you are not going to blog anymore--dudette THAT'S HOW WE KNOW YOU ARE STILL ALIVE!! unless we can write you, keep blogging missy! :)

Love and miss ya hon.

Bianca

Dezare' said...

I agree...DON'T STOP!!!
Your "Bye Bye" sounds way too final. I know it must get tiring, but keep the blog coming. Even if the frequency of updating declines, don't leave us forever. Do you have a page on flickr? That's another way to keep our link to your life alive, without you having the pressure of producing copy. Plus I loves pictures. (and yes, i mean LOVES)

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us, Disney! As you can see from all the responses, we love reading your blogs and what seems boring to you is definitely fascinating to us. Please keep in touch!

N from the ATL

daveterry said...

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Seriously, blog because you enjoy it. Blog because you don't want to forget the experiences. Blog because you have readers (but maybe not many who comment). Blob because it's in your blood. Blog when you feel like it. Blog (but don't post) when you don't.

And that's all I can say about blogging.

...dave
The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.