Where to begin? I had the flu or something this past week. I went to school anyway. I hope I didn't infect any of my classmates.
The third week of classes is just beginning and it's quite exciting to see how much progress we've made in just two weeks. I can read many billboards and bus schedules that are all in 汉字 (Chinese characters). Very important.
I was speaking to some security guards at a complex where I work. I had to sign in but I was getting their commands confused and in desperation asked them "Please, don't you speak a little English?" The guard looked at me and responded, with a smile, "You are in China now, we speak Chinese." 他说的对。He's right. I'm in China. I need to speak Chinese. The quicker I learn the better things will be. So then I'm happy that my decision (or someone else's decision because this is truly a good gift and perfect present) to attend school has been working out so well.
4 comments:
Hey Disney!!! Sorry I haven't been around! Apparently I didn't have my subscription settings correct so I didn't know that you had been posting!! Trevor brought that to my attention and hopefully fixed it for me :) So for the last hour or so I have been catching up on your posts. It was so hard to hold back the tears as I read, I am so happy for you and proud of you. Don't worry you are not forgotten, your bro tells everyone about you every chance he gets and he talks about you with such pride. You know your nephews talk about you all the time, especially at meals and bedtime. And I have a group of women at my Job who ask about you constantly, you are often the subject of conversation as we are carpooling. So glad I have lots of new things to tell them after reading your blog!! Please keep it up (don't stop!!!) I will be posting some stuff on livejournal.com/wifeywilliams for you real soon. Love ya!!!
J sweetie! So nice to hear from you. Sending you a big hug!
P.S. Tell Trevor and Tyler I talk about them all the time when I'm at school and I carry their pictures around with me. :-)
Oh, new post!
Karaku - Now there's TWO posts! :-)
Thanks for continuing to read.
Love you hon!
Post a Comment