This morning I found myself in a fetal position rocking back
and forth quietly in a corner of my room. I think I was beginning to suffer from a minor breakdown. There was so much to do and I feel so ill prepared. I think I was doing too much by myself and wasn't humble enough to ask for help until the last minute. Well I got the help anyway so good. I'm well recovered....
The flight was disappointing and by disappointing I mean that I didn't do what I know I ought to have done because I was so tired and sleepy. I sat next to an interesting woman who seemed to be a female Indiana Jones. She told me where to buy a down coat in LA which I still haven't bought. Anyways, I regret not taking an initiative to talk to her about more substantial things.
This is where I am and where I plan to be: It's 5:20PM PT and I'm sitting at LAX airport waiting on the Air China ticket counter to open. so I have exactly 4 hours and 10 minutes to sit here and idle or finish up some last minute business before I can get rid of my checked luggage. It will be another 3 hours before the plane actually leaves. I won't be in Beijing until January 8th 5: 30 AM China time.
Then there will be the ride to my Aiyi's house in the taxi where I will get to practice my pointing and gesturing skills (I have notes) and then a ten hour staring contest with my Aiyi whom I've never met but who is obviously a very hospitable woman. After that it's back to Beijing airport to take a train that departs at 10:25 PM bound for Linyi, Shandong province. I should be there, barring any delays, by 9:45 AM January 9th. This is going to be so interesting...
Trevor, Tyler, and Olivia I miss you already. Because "I feel like I like" you all and you like me. ;-)
5 comments:
How was your sojourn on the train? What sights did you see? I'm happy that whole rocking back and forth in the fetal position in a corner of your room in finished. For I sec I thought "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" LOL Please be safe.
love ya love!
Terrific job on the blog. I look forward to reading more.
Hi Disney,
It's your old friend, N, from the ATL. I've been trying to post a comment since day one and I kept locked out. I'm glad that things seem to be going well for you so far! :-) (I was getting worried after your first posting!) Talk to you later!
I feel like I love you. And... I feel like you like balls...and... Oh I miss you. this blog is stinkin awesome.
Chelle,
You're a nut!
Post a Comment