The visit began on Monday. After a class field trip to the supermarket where we taught them more useful words I went to McDonalds and met up with some girls that I had met previously on my Qingdao trip. The girls brought two more friends, a couple, and we all had a very good time getting to know one another. Their English was poor and my Chinese was tragic but our shared language was pure.
Note: That's not a picture of the girls but it's a picture of me - happy.
After the couple checked into their hotel we went to eat dinner at a swinging restaurant, that is their seats were actual swings. We shared a meal that consisted of four dishes, including Pizza, and cost a total of 75 Yuan (a little more than 10 dollars US).
The next morning we had a breakfast party that included simultaneous singing in English, Chinese and Japanese. Tres, tres cool. Then my guests were off. A short but very positive and satisfying trip. Again it was one of those times where I fought to hold back happy tears.
One other great thing about this trip was that I got more clarification, direction. Something I so badly needed and wish I had actually gotten sooner. No matter. If it's not me it's the stones right? Well, still, I wish it were me.
2 comments:
If I ever get to visit, you have to take me to the "swinging" restaurant!!!
It's a date. :-)
Post a Comment