I know, I know, I'm blogging a lot but if I don't post this now then I'll lose that special feeling and you'll never understand.
In China (and Jamaica too) 关系(guanxi) is very important. It's not always what you know but who you know that counts. I've been here less than a month and dude I got so much 关系 it ain't even funny.
I just want to say that I love my peeps - the millions and millions of them. There's always someone who knows someone who knows someone and they don't know you but they know what you're about so they love you and you love them. You feel me? No? Well that's okay. You'll feel me soon.
Wish you all were here and I mean it.
As an aside: I missed the Andrew Bird concert. Wanted to know why everyone in Georgia was so impressed with the dude. Guess what though? NPR has a copy of the concert - FREE. It's as if I was there without having to pay the tens of dollars that you all paid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Glad to hear things going well in China and the experiences are great. Keep up the good work!
Enjoyed your post. Having people is great.
I, too, missed the Andrew Bird concert, and it was just a stone's throw away from me, relatively speaking... good to know about the recording. I'll have to check it out.
Yohannes! I can't believe it! You're here! You're here! I mean you're here in my cyberworld! How exciting! How's TX? Man, I miss you and Kaye. Thanks for posting. Take care.
Alan,
Yeah subscribe to NPR's Live Concert's Podcast or just go to their site and download. It's actually his DC performance but eh, what's the dif?
I'm Feeling you...
I knew you would Frank! 我哥哥。
This has nothing to do with your post, but I just want you to know it is FREEZING in Florida. So if you're thinking, "Oh, poor little me in North China freezing my bottom off" then please realize we're all feeling your pain. It's been crazy cold down here. I wish I had one of those coats you bought in Beijing. :)
Love you!
Suzy,
I can one up you. It's cold and at home I don't have any heat. How's that for you?! LOL!
Love you too.
How cold is it in China right now? We've had crazy weather here in the ATL! One minute it is 17 degrees and the next it is 60 degrees. This is the kind of weather that will make people sick because it fluctuates so much. By the way, who's Andrew Bird??
N from the ATL
Hey N! Weather here is pretty normal I think. It's mid to late 30's in the mornings and evenings and it warms up to mid 50's in the afternoons. The only reason I think I'm not dead due to the some flu or something is because we never really take off our clothes. Rather than turn on the heat we just put on layers and layers of clothes.
Stay warm hon!
P.S. Here's a link to Andrew Bird
http://www.andrewbird.net/
Also I found this link to one of his performances http://www.enduringaccents.com/2009/02/nervous-tick-motion-andrew-bird.html
Hope it works.
HELLO! I totally understand you and wish I were there too. The Bird concert was AMAZING. Here is a link to some video Brandon shot:
http://vimeo.com/3100133?pg=transcoded_embed&sec=3100133
Also check out Dosh,Martin Luther King Chavez Dosh that is, he's crazy talented.
Post a Comment