Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pledge Perspective

Last post was rubbish! I was just miserable and my shoes weren't comfortable.

The girls here dress so cute and I thought that I needed to fit in and wear cute shoes but I now realize that no matter how I dress I'm never going to fit in so I might as well be comfortable in my strangeness.

Today I bought some Pledge and a mop to clean the wood-ish floors. Now the floor is shiny and new looking just like my perspective on life.

Had guests from another city this past weekend. It was an international affair. I met a Trinidadian-Swede. A real beauty she is-inside and out. Played soccer and basketball with Africans, Mexicans, French, British, Chinese, etc. Got hit in the face with a basketball. Lovely, lovely times.

I had a job interview last week also for a university teaching position. It's teaching Math (my forte) in English. The interviewer said he would let me know his decision this Monday. On Monday I got an e-mail saying that he couldn't let me know the official decision due to unforeseen circumstances but he would let me know ASAP. I'm not too anxious about whether or not I get it. If I don't get it I'll just keep on begging. If I get it then that's one less stress but I'm sure a lot more will take it's place.

I will take pictures of this place someday.

I am going to post later about my hair and about music lessons. I want to start back playing the saxophone...

ina da lates!

-Me.

4 comments:

Frank said...

I feel your pain when it comes to the job. Don't worry, the right one will present itself when you least expect it.

Sally Chen said...

wait, thought you've decided to go full-time studying chinese at school...confused (as usual)

Disney said...

Sally, I've run out of money and need to work. But I would like to stay here and work so when the semester is up I'll get a tutor and go back to working for real. :-)

Hope that clears it up!

Love,

Me.

Suzanne Allain said...

Hey!

I was incommunicado for a few weeks there; Jonathan and I got to take a cruise but we were cut off from the world and I realized--just a little--how you must feel. I'm glad you got to see the international friends you posted about; that makes a huge difference when you get that kind of interchange. I didn't see my friends and family (and extended family) for two weeks and I was losing my mind!

So you're doing great, and posts like your last, slightly disgruntled one are perfectly acceptable.

Hang in there!

Love,

Suzy